Monday, January 20, 2014

What Does John Novaria Think about the Seahawks' Cornerback Richard Sherman? Well . . .

John Novaria shared his thoughts today on the brief but notable post-NFC championship interview by Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman. Titled, "Will the Real Richard Sherman Please Stand Up?", the commentary appeared on Novaria's "Insights" blog, part of his Novaria Communication consulting business. He discussed his initial reactions to Sherman's outspoken interview, the feedback he got, and his reconsideration of Sherman's comments. Novaria wrote,

I posted my outrage on Twitter and Facebook. Just to show you the difference, tweeters I don’t know personally responded with things like “haters gonna hate” and “lolol we goin to the super bowl shut up” while Facebook friends supported me with “likes” and supportive comments. Over dinner, however, I started to second guess myself. Glass houses and all that. After all, I’m a communicator and should understand better than anyone that my objections were now laid bare and will remain public forever. 


I decided to not to delete my posts. No, I’m sticking with my opinion that Sherman’s rant was classless and when the Seahawks don’t muzzle him he brings dishonor to himself and his team. As a communications consultant, I would jump through the TV screen if I saw a client behaving that badly.


No comments:

Post a Comment